Sunday, March 29, 2009

Colorful Reading: Update

I finished the first of my Colorful Reading Challenge books -- Black Cherry Blues by James Lee Burke. This is the third in Burke's Dave Robicheaux series and won the author an Edgar award. Deservedly. It is a particularly good volume of what is probably the best mystery series going. While I can get tired of Burke's ultra-rich language, and Robicheaux's holier-than-thou manner often rubs the wrong way, I always come back for more. Next up is Towers of Gold -- I have 100 pages to go.

5 comments :

  1. This one's in my TBR pile - glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this one. I am reading Conscience Point right now, and I think I am enjoying the story but it is overrich in vocabulary words. It's a little distracting at time, so I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you enjoyed this one! Are you going to write a review on it or should I post this link on the challenge post? Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another reason I suck at challenges -- I don't know the basic rules about how to play!

    I am not going to do a review of the Burke book. If you link to this post, that would be wonderful.

    I just finished Towers of Gold and the review will be up tomorrow. Can you post that link? Or am I supposed to be doing all this linking myself? I will come by and visit and see if I can't figure out what I am supposed to be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't have to write a review if you don't want to for the challenge. Just saying a little bit about what the book is about is fine. I linked to this post and I also linked to the Towers of Gold review. :) What is crazy is I still don't have a review of my own for the challenge! I had to stop one because I couldn't get into it. I am reading Green Mansions now. Hopefully that will be up soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...